We apply new digital technology to each field and resolve various urban problems of Seoul for the better lives of the citizens.
Establishment of the Smart Emergency and Rescue system
- SMG provides an effective rescue process which supports the estimation of the disaster scene and on-site decision making.
- Achieving a 97 percent success rate when it comes to “arrival in 5 minutes on the scene” by 2020; and thus establish a golden time in disaster response
Establishment of the disaster response system using high technology
- SMG establishes a future oriented disaster response system by developing advanced equipment and future analysis system in cooperation with industry and academia.
- Adoption of drones and rescue robots in 2016 -> Establishment of the advanced disaster response system by 2018
Acceleration of the firefighting safety map
- SMG updates and improves the firefighting safety map for usability.
- Realizing 100% improvement in disaster response systems by 2018
Establishment of transmission systems for disaster video
- SMG builds a community in which citizens, rescue teams, experts can share videos of disaster situations.
- Completion of the mobile disaster video transmission system by 2020
Enhancing the spread of safety warning messages through social media
- To inform citizens of emergency situations in the city in a timely manner, SMG expands the use of social media.
- Increase the response times by using social media and construct a disaster response network
Establishment of integrated control systems for bridges and tunnels
- SMG manages the integrated control system for bridges and tunnels to maximize the efficiency and decrease the cost.
- Establishment of the plans and execution in 2016
Services for the disadvantaged groups
- SMG uses IoT technology for the disadvantaged groups in society such as children, elderly who live alone and dementia patients.
- SMG provides services such as the arrival notification of children to school, location identification of the elderly and healthcare services, etc.
- Sending 40,000 notice messages on elementary students‘ arrival at school to their parents by 2020
- Achieving 40,000 uses when to comes to elderly care services by 2020
Advancement of the CCTV cameras in crime-prone areas
- SMG sets up and advances CCTV cameras in crime-prone areas and increases the monitoring functions
- Setting up CCTV cameras in all public parks and upgrading all the existing cameras to high definition cameras by 2020
Convenient use of parking lots
- SMG provides location of parking lots, real-time parking information through apps and internet
- Providing parking information about 550 parking lots in Seoul by 2020 (Information will be available about all public parking lots and 20% of private parking lots)
Intelligence traffic system based on C-ITS(Cooperative ITS)
- SMG provides traffic incident information in real-time by establishing C-ITS based intelligence traffic system
- Monitoring the trial Intelligence traffic system by the Central government → Implementing the Intelligence traffic system in Seoul in 2020
- C-ITS: http://www.c-its.kr/
Establishment of the AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure)
- Reducing energy consumption by supplying electronic electric meters that allow the intelligent energy consumption management.
- Setting up AMI for 15,000 household by 2018 in connection with the Central Government‘s plan
Advancing the provision of air quality information
- SMG provides real-time air quality information through the integrated air quality and environment information system
- Establishment of the remote monitoring system for air quality in 2016 → Advancement of the remote monitoring system for air quality system by 2021
- Seoul Air Quality Information Website: http://cleanair.seoul.go.kr/