What is Virtual Seoul (S-Map)?
Virtual Seoul (S-Map) is a twin city that replicates the entire Seoul area (605.23 km2) in 3D in cyberspace. It is a digital twin system that can combine and even simulate information, such as administration and environment, in a virtual space.
Virtual Seoul (S-Map) platform
- Selection of ideal map environment according to the analysis model, simple box type established with 4 categories, box type which reflects geographic information, live model, detailed model including indoors information
- 3D analysis for policy reflection, simulation diagnosis and prediction
- 3D analysis through convergence and integration of administrative information, urban phenomenon sensing information, etc.
- Information analysis according to each used model and diagnosis/prediction using simulations for decision-making
- Visualization of 3D spatial information and providing a foundation for integration with various administrative services
- Integration of spatial information with the integrated spatial information system
- Citizen participation using spatial data and establishment of customized services
- Usage as a window for citizen communication through citizen participation in policies, online submission of opinions, and information sharing, etc.
- Provision of basic 3D map to all departments ⇒ Planned integration and API provision
- Visualization of 3D information and prevention of duplicate investment
- Expansion of data usage through integrated management of 3D spatial information for all departments
- Website: https://smap.seoul.go.kr
- Indoor map (first-person view in pedestrian and aerial modes)
[Inside Seoul City Hall]
- High quality maps of major tourist attractions: Cheonggyecheon Stream, Gyeonghuigung Palace, Namsan Hanok Village, Hanyangdoseong
- Creation and release of street view not provided by private portal sites
[Street view of traditional markets]
[Street view of stairs and narrow alleyways]
- 3D experience
[S-Map 3D library]
[3D library layout (building, vegetation, facilities, etc.)]
- Wind path simulation for each altitude (10 m, 50 m, 100 m, 1 km, 3 km)
[Wind path: Yeouido area]
[Wind path: Jamsil area]
- Drone photography of key locations
[Gocheok Sky Dome]
- Namsan Hanok Village BIM data renewal
[Namsan Hanok Village]
* BIM (Building Information Modeling) refers to a digital model which expresses the shape and property of buildings as data.